Monday, September 24, 2012

Flowers don't have to be pretty.



This was so easy to make I should be ashamed of myself... but of course I am not, I have no shame, I am Mister Horrorble.  I began with an oversized foam skull I found at Michaels, on sale for about 10 dollars.  It had a little trouble standing on it's own so I used Liquid Nails adhesive [although other foam approved adhesives would work] to glue the skull to a cheap glass candlestick I bought at the 99 cent store.  


The flowers also came from Michaels, check your paper for coupons and sales on fall stems.  All the flowers I used were 40% off.  I may be Horrorble but I am still cheap.  Them to help separate the flowers evenly, I drilled a patter of holes into the top of the skull.  


Don't got too deep with these holes, you still want some foam resistance to hold the flowers in place.  Then start building!  Use wire cutters to arrange the flowers at different heights.  Use as many or as few as you please [I liked the hat-like look these tall flowers gave but you could certainly cover the entire head.]  Total cost of project : Under $25
  


No comments:

Post a Comment